Monday, June 02, 2008

Gorgeous Day To Do Errands?

Well, if that is the only way to get out and about on my motorcycle, so be it!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

We have recently bought a new home in the same city and moved in. It is a fixer-upper and my husband was very busy with projects to get it ready to move in. I helped a lot, but there were some that only he could do. We have moved in and now we must get the other house cleaned and on the market. There hasn't been anytime to ride and we are soooo tired of all the work. We are still trying to get all the stuff out of the other house.

Today I had a lot to clean, but I also had errands to do that I could do on the motorcycle. The weather was perfect. I took the long way to everywhere, lol. Needless to say, it took me twice as long. My husband was at work, so it didn't matter. I love working for a school system. I get as excited as the kids about summer break ;)

One of my errands was stopping by Lenscrafters. I get to the mall where it is and go to lock up my helmet only to discover that I had grabbed the wrong set of keys, UGH. At first I couldn't figure out why the key wouldn't work for the helmet lock. You are probably wondering how I could grab the wrong set of keys and get my motorcycle to work? My husband and I each have very cool key rings. You can quickly detach one key from the rest and we both use that for our motorycle key. This is so we don't have all the rest of the keys flopping in the wind and scratching our paint on the tank. I sometimes forget to reattach the engine key and my husband does too. For the first time ever, I accidently grabbed his main bunch of keys. So I had to carry my helmet into the mall and into Lenscrafters. They had a roomfull of people and boy did heads swivel when I walked in with all my riding gear on and toting that helmet. People really notice me with all that purple in the summer.

As I'm sure you have, I have gotten to where I don't notice the stares much anymore. It's like when my kids get to nagging, I turn them off and don't realize they are still talking, lol. When my kids give me that look that I realize I'm suppose to respond - I'm like "Oh, were you talking to me?!?" How many times have your kids done that to you? Revenge is sweet.

Today was so warm that I took my liner out of my purple Joe Rocket mesh jacket. We are finally into summer, YEA!!! I get my errands done. I get to ride my motorcycle. All is well with the world :)

Wishing you adventures on your errands in your part of the world,

Biker Betty :)

2 comments:

Giest said...

Glad to hear you are finally getting out and about. Congrats on the new home, by the way. I'm sure all that hard work will pay off.

Demonio Pellegrino said...

Hi there, I found your blog through a comment on she rides a beemer...

I agree with you on the errands thing: sometimes, the only ride I manage to do are my commutes to and from work...not a pleasant ride.