Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Introducing......


(drum roll please...)

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Winky, Blinky, & Nod!!!

(from Left to Right)

Here are three of our many fine support members in the Mountain Shadow Riders. They, like our other support members, are quite the characters, lol. Of course, we love them all.

Blinky, bless his heart, was the first to get his nickname. I'm betting you can guess how. A couple of weeks ago he and his wife (one of our members) went on a group ride to New Mexico for lunch. (I would have loved to go on this ride, but I had obligations that day that I couldn't get out of. But I'm crying in public here and need to get back to why I'm writing this.) They all had a good ride and a few came home with nicknames, Blinky being one of them. He kept (you guessed it!) forgetting to turn off his turn signals. He'd go for miles with his blinker on and, as I hear, did it most of the day.

Then there is Nod. He has actually been wanting a nickname for a while. He actually had a "plan" to get his nickname, bless his heart. People would pay to suggest a nickname and "he" would choose the one he liked best, hehe. The first part of his plan wasn't bad. All money raised for this fine endeavor would be donated to our annual breast cancer awareness run in October. (We raised a record breaking $5,700 to donate to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation at our run last October '06). So...

The members of the Mountain Shadow Riders were happy to oblige. But he wasn't going to get to pick his nickname and first we needed to be on a few rides with him to see what fit best, lol. I wasn't on the ride that finally sealed (errr.. chose) his fate. It's not all bad. They came by "Nod," because it's an anagram of his name - Don. Not so bad, ehhh?!?

Then there is my husband, Unsupported. Seems he sealed his fate (err... got chosen his nickname) on our last ride to Bent's Old Fort two weekend's back. (I will report on this ride soon). He got caught quite a few times by other members (and Blinky's wife - specifically) leaving one of his blinkers on, LOL!!! He'd go for miles, & miles, & miles . . . with that darn blinker on, bless his fun loving heart. Well "Blinky" was already recently taken. So Blinky's wife came up with "Winky." Partly because it went so well with Blinky and Nod. So Unsupported now has two nicknames.

Many members of our fine group either already had their nicknames from earlier days or they are acquiring them from things they say or do on our group rides. One of the ladies just recently was christened "McSpeedy" on the same New Mexico journey that Blinky took. Maybe I'm glad I didn't take that ride *chuckle*.

The Mountain Shadow Riders is a fun-loving, caring group of people and I'm honored to be a member of this group. I always look forward to future rides with them and we have many planned this summer, not to mention the riding contest we started in April.

Wishing you fun adventures,

Biker Betty :)

7 comments:

Donna. W said...

We plan to be in Colorado with motorcycles in July. If you have any suggestions as to where we should go (besides home) I'd love to hear them!

Christine said...

Unsupported Winky...

I like it....

LOL...

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is great Biker Betty. We will be riding through Colorodo this summer for the Ralley in the Rockies. Maybe we can hook up and do some riding.

Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq.
Biker Lawyer
http://www.bikerlawblog.com

Pamela said...

Sailed off in a wooden shoe,-- Sailed on a river of misty light Into a sea of dew

Biker Betty said...

Hi Donna,
Let me ask around and look at the map. There are places I enjoy riding up in the mountains. Where are you driving thru Colorado? That way I can look at those areas more closely.

Hi Christine,
I told Unsupported and he rolled his eyes, lol.

Hi Norman,
Thank you very much. If we are able to that will be fun. My youngest will be back in school at that time and I may be in a full time job by then, but we may still be able to on the weekend. Keep in touch.

Hi Pamela,
Yes, the nursery rhyme did come to mind, lol.

"The little stars were the herring fish
That lived in that beautiful sea-
"Now cast your nets wherever you wish-
Never afeard are we";
So cried the stars to the fishermen three:
Wynken,
Blynken,
And Nod."

Biker Betty said...

I forgot to mention that

Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq.
Biker Lawyer
http://www.bikerlawblog.com


also has a great blog and is in my links as "Biker Law Blog." He has some great posts on rides he's done. Go check it out.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, I must admit! I didn't know about it but I like it. We've kind of both have the same interest :-) Keep it up!
LayoutGarden.com